| || CySlice v3 || |
- CySlice generated free samples can be found here
CySlice v3.3 adds 3D Paint and Dirt tools, along with new polymesh
and surface import and export options.
SUBDS are becoming widely accepted in the CGI community as an
alternative to NURBS. They have none of the tangency/cracking
problems experienced by NURBS during animation, and SUBD modelers are
freed from the "rectangular patch" topology restrictions of NURBS
CySlice v3.3 allows users to fit SUBD surfaces to dense polymeshes, and
as with the NURBS fitting tools, color and bump/normal/displacement
maps can then be calculated. CySlice v3.3 outputs the same
Catmull-Clark variety of SUBD surfaces that Maya and Renderman uses.
A sample SUBD surface is now
ready for download.
For a sneak peek of CySlice v3.3 in operation, check out this User Guide Extract. Note:
Some links won't work as they access the password protected docs
area. Of course, you'll receive full access to the docs and software
update areas once you buy a copy of CySlice.
The following lists the major features of CySlice v3.3.
- Remove Junk. Delete unwanted faces.
- Fill Holes. Fill all holes automatically, or step through them one at
- Selective Smoothing. Interactively smooth messy regions with the smooth
- Selective Decimation. Adaptively reduce all faces or just those in selected
- 3D Paint and Dirt. Create or edit color per vertex (CPV) data.
- Shape Points. The building block. Place, then move them over the polymesh
in real time.
- Boundary Curves. Simply connect shape points to create boundary curves.
- NURBS/SUBD Patches. Fill any bounded region with a patch. Fits to polymesh.
- Always Tangent. But can be toggled off/on for individual boundaries.
- Active Networks. Move a shape point, curves update, affected patches
- Multi-resolution. Quickly define simple networks, then output detailed
- Mirroring. Build a network on half an object, then mirror it to complete
- Templates. Copy networks between similar shaped objects. Clean morph
- Stitching. Join smaller patches together. Make single patch heads.
- Texture Maps. Extract color and displacement maps. Light-weight surfaces,
- Shader Definitions. Automatic generation of shaders for each patch.
Hassle free mapping.
- Import NURBS Patches. Texture map tools work just as well with patches
from other applications.
- Import SUBD Surfaces. Texture map tools also work with surfaces imported
from other applications.
- NURBS/SUBDS/Polymeshes. Output NURBS patches, SUBD surfaces or quad
- RIB Export & Render. Provides a link to your renderer for quick evaluation
of mapped surfaces.
- Cut Slices. Cut individual, parallel, or flowing slices through polymeshes.
- Intersect and Trim. Intersect slices with each other. Trim off rough
- Interpolate. Interpolate with uniform or adaptive polylines and NURBS
- Export. IGES export to modeling packages for surface creation.
What You Get
- Multi-Platform. Intel Windows NT/2K/XP, Intel Linux and SGI IRIX 6.3+.
- Optimized. Interactive, even with very detailed polymeshes.
- Efficient. Low RAM impact. Run your modeling/animation applications
at the same time.
- Inputs. PLY. Also OBJ and STL via bundled conversion tool (Mtool).
- Geometry Outputs. IGES 106/126/128 for NURBS, PLY/OBJ for SUBD and polymeshes.
- Texture Outputs. SGI, TIFF and TIFF16.
- Extensive User Guide. Over 300 figures, step by step tutorials, example
- Multiple Licensing Options. Node locked, parallel/USB dongle or floating.
- A Great Price. Node locked/dongle US$4000, floating US$4600.
- Bulk Discounts. Additional licenses attract significant discounts.
- Free Upgrades and Support. For the first year after purchase.
For further information, including more pricing and licensing
options, contact Jill
Home | About
Us | 3D Scans | 3D
Tools | Cyberware
Contact Information | Site
Copyright © 1998-2009 headus (metamorphosis)
Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
Having problems viewing this page? Please send
mail to Webmaster.